Note: The ore icon is unofficial, the real one is broken and has never been found yet.
Garnet is an ore revealed on Berezaa's MLK day stream which was released in the January Update. It spawns exclusively on the walls and floor of the hidden Staff Room. Depending on how many people are playing Azure Mines, Garnet can be rather difficult to obtain. Since the Staff Room isn't really a secret, there are often hordes of players there. It's normal behavior to be greedy and try to obstruct players who are trying to mine the ore, but because of how long it takes to mine, nobody will get it. The only solution is being reasonable - just letting someone take it so everyone will leave the server causing another one to be created with more garnet.
The Staff Room is found by going into the cave on your left once you exit your teleporter. Then you are teleported to a separate game. Garnet can be found around the walls and floor, but are usually already mined for the aforementioned reason.
If you entered Staff Room but then lost your rank or items after exiting the Staff Room, say "restoredata" in chat to retrieve your rank and items back.
If you have successfully mined Garnet, do not leave the server yet! Wait for the bar on top to say, "Data has successfully saved!" Then, you can safely leave the server, with a Garnet in your inventory.
- The Garnet icon has been glitched since it was introduced. We're hoping this will encourage Berezaa to update the game, to at least fix this bug and the chat glitch. Get it done, Berezaa.
- Garnet is the first ore that has to be mined in a server outside of Azure Mines. There are other ore that are mined outside of the main game, but can not be obtained, such as Memerock.
- Garnet isn't so valuable in trading unless in extreme quantities, like 25 or more. Most people know by now that you can easily farm it during midnight (for US).
- The Staff Room is separate from the main game so you cannot purchase a private server in hope of farming the ore.
- You can farm garnet easily by keep changing server in the server tab and go into the staff room.Simply press 'play' may cause you join same server or joining friend's server.
The Garnet Pickaxe has a relatively high Power (5.3) for its low Delay (0.12). This makes it useful for tunneling down fast until you unlock the Serendibite Pickaxe. It also stains nearby ores (and stone) pink, making it much easier to see with the Lantern and slightly easier without it.
- Power: 5.3 @ 3rd. Greater than Boomite (5), worse than Amethyst (6).
- Range: 5 @ 8th. Greater than Diamond (4.5), worse than Iron (5.2).
- Delay: 0.12 @ 2nd. Greater than Azure (0.13), worse than Moonstone (0.07).
- Garnet is the only ore found outside of the game.
- There is a 5th garnet but most players dont notice it.
- After the dupe bug was fixed there was a limit of 50 garnet you could collect.
- Garnet is supposed to give 40K xp, but the xp appears to be broken, maybe because ores outside of the game dont give xp.