Stone is the basis of the mine. It's the most basic material that you can find, and also the most common. There are four layers of stone, which are generally the same but appear different due to the lighting:
- Light Stone - ranging from 1 - 600m. Only source of Moonstone, Opal, Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald.
- Dark Stone - ranging from 601 - 1000m. Most ores spawn here.
- Purple Stone - ranging from 1001 - 2000m. The largest and darkest layer. Only source of Baryte, Rainbonite, Azure, and Mithril.
- Underworld/Hell - ranging from 2001m+ (it is continually produced even after the death barrier.) Bright Red, surprisingly bright especially after Purple Stone. Only source of Painite and Dragonglass.
Stone Pickaxe Edit
The Stone Pickaxe is the starter pickaxe in Azure Mines. This was the only pickaxe in Azure Mines until Berezaa added the forge that allowed users to craft pickaxes.
Upgrades: While at first glance Stone is nothing more than a worthless subsrtance, it has been reported that later in the game, 100000 stone is required for an upgrade.
Note: If you aren't aware, Protected Stone is not minable, and just prevents you mining to the surface after going a certain distance across the X or Z axis. It only appears in Layer 1, but can be bypassed by the 16 down, 15 across and staircase strategy.
- Stone was the first Ore added into Azure Mines, created in the Development Stream.
- Stone is the only ore lacking an icon on the actual rock itself.